Masterplanning has formed the basis for much of our work over two decades. Projects have included science parks & business parks, commercial mixed-use regeneration, large & small scale residential, new settlements, resorts and purely environmental projects too.
Rummey Design have won notable Consents for up to 800 houses in the last 18 months. We take a landscape-led approach to provide a strong, evidence-based framework for masterplanning.
From this platform of analysis and evidence we design clear and imaginative masterplans with a rich sense of place. Critically, our designs are robust in a planning context.
We have recently used this approach successfully for the following clients and developments:
- An Appeal at Silverstone (220 houses)
- Barwood Land, Stanford le Hope (200 units)
- Barratts, Standgrove (800 houses)
- Ardingly College (38 houses)
- Maidstone for Countryside Properties (800 houses)
Other schemes ranging from 1 to 3,500 units are currently under preparation.
outline and hybrid Applications
Recent outline applications tend to be for larger residential developments of up to 800 units. Successful outline applications made since 2013 include the following:
- Catchyard Farm, Silverstone, 220 units
- Howe Barracks, Canterbury, 500 units
- Billingshurst, 475 units
- A current, strategic project at Maidstone in Kent for 850 units.
The masterplan accompanying applications such as the above forms a sound basis for negotiation. As our approach is to work on the basis of evidence, the rigour of the masterplan cannot be challenged. These applications convey a strong sense of place, with Parameter Plans as key documents.
detailed Applications and build out
Recent detailed applications and Consents include:
- a mixed-use project at Crystal Palace, London.
- 150 market houses at Ashford, Kent for a private developer, now under construction - the result of extensive negotiations with the Local Planning Authority.
- 28 apartments, a public library and supermarket at Grove Vale, South London
- 2 private houses in Kent.
examples of masterplanning
- Norris Castle - hotel and development
- Which Way Westerham? - development and community
- The Oxford Science Park - research park
- The Coventry Phoenix Initiative - public realm-led urban regeneration
- Dover Regeneration
- Queenborough & Rushenden Regeneration
- Howe Barracks - reuse of military land
- Catch Yard Farm - residential
- Billingshurst - residential
- Bletchley Park - specialist tourism
- Mauritius - tourism
- Sandwich Town Centre Review - urban restructuring